Skip to main content

Aesop Information 

Resources and Important Links


Thank you for your interest in the Yolo County Office of Education (YCOE). We rely heavily on our substitutes and greatly appreciate the support they provide to the teaching staff at all of the YCOE programs.

Substitute Job Openings

Certificated and classified substitute assignments are posted on EdJoin. Please submit your application via EdJoin. Once your application has been reviewed and a determination is made that requirements have been met, Human Resources Department will contact you and schedule an appointment to meet with the Executive Director of Human Resources.  For more information on becoming a substitute, contact Bebe Reveles, Confidential Administrative Secretary, at or phone 530-668-3780.

Minimum Qualifications for Substitute Special Education and Alternative Education Teachers

Valid California Teaching Credential or an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit

  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
  • Fingerprint Clearance from the Department of Justice (DOJ)
  • Certificate of Clearance (COC)

For those who do not hold a California teaching credential or an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit our office can assist individuals in applying for a permit with the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Official transcripts which include a posted degree and proof of passing the CBEST exam are required before making an appointment. Applying directly to the CTC for an initial permit may take longer for a document to be issued (Renewals must be completed online directly to CTC).

Minimum Qualifications for Substitute Head Start/Early Head Start Teachers

12 units ECE/CD units including core courses as required by the Child Development Permit.

  • Experience with preschool-aged children in a group setting.
  • Possess or eligible for Child Development Associate Teacher Permit.
  • Possess Pediatric First Aid and CPR certificate or obtain it within 90 days of employment.
  • Valid California driver’s license.
  • Certificate of Clearance (COC)